11.30.2011

Madrid

I'm just getting back into the swing of things after a few days off in Madrid. I had a wonderful time seeing Jessica and meeting her friends. She was a great host and I definitely needed the weekend away. It's so hard to get back into a groove here, that's for sure. Each weekend away is such a tease and I wish I could travel for several straight weeks and not plan so much in advance. I met some travelers in Naples who were planning as they went and really going wherever the wind took them. Sigh. Heaven!

We spent some time in the kitchen and wandering around the city. They city full of six million. The city that truly isn't sleeping, ever. When I was waiting for the bus/taxi on Sunday morning, it was 5:30am and there were people everywhere. There were also taxis everywhere, to my delight, because I was nervous about not being able to find one.

Thanksgiving was spent in the airport but we made up for it on Friday. Gad I was nowhere near the pepper spraying Wal Mart and Black Friday madness. I did get my Starbucks fix, complete with a red cup, and to-go! Finally. I love a giant hazelnut latte, though the coffee in Italy really is unmatched.

For now, I will attempt to make December awesome. I have a birthday coming up that I am not necessarily looking forward to, and then there is Christmas. I'm thinking of heading to Rome. But then comes 2012....I can't believe this year got away from me so fast.

Happy Birthday to my awesome Dad! And welcome to December.

No comments: