12.14.2011

winter update

I haven't blogged in a bit because I haven't felt much like writing. I've been busy busy and having fun as Christmas soon approaches.

I have mainly been working and then out with friends on the weekend. Ever since I came back from Madrid I've been counting down the days until I leave to celebrate New Years! I have seen some new sites in Florence and had mulled wine at the Christmas market.

My birthday is Monday, so my friend Brittany and I are celebrating together with our friends on Saturday night because her birthday is this Friday. We are going to a great wine bar called Sei Divino (meaning you're divine). They have a great apperitivo....similar to a happy hour. You buy one drink and you are able to eat from their plates of salami sandwiches and other yummy bites of food. I love apperitivo.

I have been attempting to send my family their Christmas gift but I'm scared to brave the post office. That, and I really, really do not trust Italian mail. I have had one thing lost on it's way to me and when I have asked some people where the post office is, they look at me like I'm crazy. The post is much like the culture...slow, laid back and late (which I mean in a good way in relation to the culture. In relation to mail, this is awful). So. Mom and Dad, you'll have a late Christmas gift but it's authentically Italian and I know you'll love it.

Today I also made Three new friends...one being a dog sitter who is from Michigan named Susan and the two dogs she was dog sitting....Agnes and Lucy....two lovely and hyper boxers. She is fifty something and from Michigan and has lived here for ten years off and on. Anyway, I was much more interested in Agnes and Lucy anyway. Agnes is the mother of Lucy and looks just like my Liz. Lucy is skinny and spry; she immediately jumped up and put her paws on my shoulders which I have discovered is a trait of the boxer. Susan and I discussed how they get very offended and pout for a bit and then ask for forgiveness a good ten minutes later. Liz has been known to pout. As far as thinking they're human and literally attempting to either jump into your arms or sit on your lap, well, thats my Champy in a nutshell. Regardless of the fact that he weighs in at a whopping 105 pounds.

Anyway, I get my dog fix on a daily basis with little Lola who is growing like a weed and is cute as a button and naughty to boot. She is getting so much better at not biting but I know better than to leave my shoes around. Champ chewed up my black heels once. She is so excited to see us everyday and she plays with the kids so well. I wasn't sure what I'd think of a German Shepard but I think she's a complete doll.

Oh, and I watched The Goonies on Saturday in italian but found myself knowing all the words and then understanding so much. That movie will always be my favorite. I am headed to bed though; the rain for three days straight has made me sleepy and I'm especially tired after walking to and from the center today in the rain. But my Northface rain jacket was the most perfect investment.







From Friday night.




From the Christmas market in Santa Croce.

No comments: