Isn't that the truth?
On Monday I found out that I'm being promoted and transferred to another store and another position. Which is perfectly wonderful, and caught me off guard all at the same time. I have about two weeks left here in the balmy tri-cities....which leaves me with mixed feelings.
Over the past couple of months, I have really grown to like it here. But I have also been feeling as though I'll grow complacent in my daily routines and never want to leave - which is also not what I want. So when they offered me this job, firstly I would have been crazy to turn it down. Secondly, it's putting me back where I want to end up....in Seattle. I'm moving back. And this change I hope will do me good.
Not that Kennewick hasn't done anything short of wonderful for me. I have finally had the chance to live on my own and figure it out. I can almost cook, but am still trying to figure out grocery shopping for one person without everything going bad in a week. I no longer get lost on the 2 freeways (I can't believe I did at all, ever!) and work was wonderful too. But there were bigger plans from someone above me and now I'm moving. In about two weeks!!
I have no qualms about leaving behind my uncharacteristic apartment that lacks a dining room table - and now I'm really glad I never bought one because then I would have had to haul it halfway across the state. I can still visit on my weekends and enjoy the summer sunshine here, complete with free stay, poolside chats, and good dinners at Hotel Suzy. However, telling the team was hard. And leaving Nels, Brooke and Bailie will be even more tough to handle. I am so thankful for the three of them because just when I thought I'd have no friends, I found bosom friends in each. Each with their own necessary traits to help our friendships go 'round and survive the intermittent traumas that come and go our way. It truly goes to show that for everything that happens, there is some larger purpose driving behind it, something that will make the experience worth while. Something that will make you look back and remember fondly with a smile how much you didn't know and how much you learned. And more lifelong friendships to look forward to as the days wind on.
5.23.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You have such a great way with words!! I love it. And oh my gosh, you look so dang cute! I love your hair and your bangs. How fun to be moving back to Seattle.
Post a Comment